Friday, February 8, 2013

Yep, I've blown it

I know, I've lost your trust.  I don't deserve it.  But I'm going to start fresh here, and hope this sticks a bit.

If you know me, you know that I'm an expert at going through phases.  Generally, they are hobbies (knitting, quilting, scrapbooking, podcasting, etc.).  Blogging is apparently an occasional interest.  It looks like I had that interest sometime in 2011.  Since then, my toddler daughter has become a pre-schooler, we have moved to Gilbert, AZ (southeast of Phoenix) and we are expecting a second child (a boy) in the next 6 weeks.

My husband and I also have put on some pounds.  About 85% of mine might be attributed to being pregnant, but still.  Somehow, about 2 weeks ago, we both reached a breaking point.  We had to change the way we have been eating.  One thing that has never been a phase for us is our belief that Crossfit is one of the best ways to respect your body.  We just have been disrespectful (and busy) for the last 2 years.  Nonetheless, we do have to eat.  So for the time being, we are eating like Crossfitters without actually being Crossfitters.  We have become a Paleo household.

So the point: I want to share our journey. We aren't doing this for weight loss (although we'd be happy with that side effect).  We are doing this as a lifestyle change, to start respecting our bodies again.  Our family is committed to:

1) Eliminate refined sugar, grains and legumes from our home completely.
2) Eliminate dairy for the adults.
3) Find foods that fit all of our palates and that keeps us satisfied and not missing the junk food we used to eat.

As a primer, here is the Wikipedia page for the Paleolithic Diet (also called the Caveman diet).

"Before"
Christmas 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment