Monday, June 6, 2011

A High Time for Tea

You know me. I love tea. (end of poem)

I had my bridal shower at the Beehive Tea Room in Salt Lake City. I've dragged my family members to overpriced High Teas at the Grand America. I've made my long-suffering husband deign to be the only man in a tea house on multiple occasions. So I've been hankering for a good tea since we've been down in Phoenix, but I didn't know where to scratch the itch.

Enter Kimberly Ann's Tea Room in downtown Glendale. I went with some other med school wives - Emily, Adrianne and Rebekah (L to R):


Sure, it wasn't the most elegant of tea rooms I've been too, but they tried to keep it classy:


It was relaxing and mostly delicious, and an added bonus that we were seated in the aptly named Princess Room because the rest of the house was "booked up" (read: the tables hadn't been cleared). And then we found the dress-up box with the hats:


And I'm pretty sure I may have created a High Tea-sized hole in their hearts that will hunger to be filled on a semi-regular basis, as proved by the dreamy look in Emily's eyes:


This hunger has been temporarily abated, but be forewarned: I will need High Tea again. Some may welcome it; others (Mike) may dread it.

3 comments:

  1. That is the best bathroom sign ever. If there is a line for the "other" bathroom, you can guys what they are waiting for... ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister, we are *totally* hitting the Beehive when you come back to Utah this summer! I mean, this looked fun, if you don't have a Beehive nearby... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in, Jame! I totally missed the Oolong tea... I was so hoping for it. Lily, you best set aside some time for that too!

    ReplyDelete