Monday, May 9, 2011

Oh Soot!

Our little one has really taken to 2 word phrases. "Mommy Shoes", "Shoe On", "No School" and "My Cheese" have been recent additions. But we're starting to realize just how much she hears, only to internalize and repeat at a later time and place.

I have this habit of saying "Oh Shoot" - pretty sure my mom did too - when something slightly negative happens. Dropping something or missing my turn or braking hard enough where my purse falls on the floor are common uses. As these are typical occurrences while in the car, it should be no surprise that Addie has started mimicking me when she drops something while strapped in. Fortunately, it now comes out as 'oh soot', but when she first said it, it was much closer to the more secular version. Expletives have never been cuter!

No comments:

Post a Comment